Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Let's get down to business...

I believe I've neglected this blog long enough.  A recent conversation with a friend and fellow Top Gear Philippines journalist Mikko David has inspired me to get back to blogging on a regular basis.  After all, I've been blogging about cars even before I joined TopGear.com.ph, and if Yugatech's Abe Olandres can modestly say at a recent bloggers' conference that he'll be earning more than P2 million on ad placements alone this year, then who knows; maybe I could make half as much as that one day.  Yeah, right.

I may be a motoring journalist, but before I came to be one, I am a car enthusiast that's eager to know a lot more about cars and share this knowledge with fellow enthusiasts.  And I'm doing this to dispel the preconceived notion that motoring journalists are nothing more but the paid mouthpieces of car manufacturers and distributors.  

In essence, I want this blog to become for cars and motorcycles - or maybe even for gadgets and places because, after all, the typical guy loves a lot of different stuff - what Anton Diaz' Our Awesome Planet did for food and travel - a one-stop shop for everything that a typical guy needs to know about.


So, let's get it on!


LFA is an acronym for 'Looks F***ing Awesome'.  No, seriously
(Photo courtesy of Mikko David)

No comments: