Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Farewell to a fuckin' funny, motherfucker of a comedian.




When I heard that George Carlin passed away a few days ago, I genuinely felt sad. Because I LOVED George Carlin. He was like the funny and cool grandfather you wish you had. And he was an absolute genius with words and their double meanings. If he was the English teacher I had back in grade school, everyday wouldn't be a damn bore - although I'm sure if the Jesuit priests heard him teach using his unique method, they probably would've thrown him out fast.

I first got to know him as Rufus, Bill & Ted's excellent time-travelling guru. After which, a friend's parents had me listen to a comedy album of his which got me hooked on George Carlin for life. I loved it when he appeared in Kevin Smith's movies because, hey, it's two of my favorite personalities in 1 movie - or 3 (Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back, and the forgettable Jersey Girl) in this case. So it was a pleasure to see him in Cars, my daughter Dana's all-time favorite movie (which also happens to be my all-time favorite Pixar movie) because his humor crossed over both our generations.

So George, allow me to say my censored farewell in the non-PC version of your Seven Dirty Words monologue.

I hope you have a fuckin' good time wherever you fuckin' are, you motherfucker. I'll miss your fuckin' humor, you cocksucker, and so will my daughter. I know you don't believe in God so I hope he doesn't piss or shit on you if you ever do see him. We love you, you cunt eatin', tits fuckin', motherfucker.


No comments: